This street was part of John Jones 1876 subdivision. Land sales were held in 1896. A man called 'Boss' Lewis who owned a large herd of cattle is mentioned in early Cardiff and G Lewis from Cardiff served in WWI. Lewis Street was extended in about 1962 in A. P. and J. Cousin's subdivision.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License