Babers Road was named after Sidman Baber subsequent owner of Joseph Frost's original 40 acre Land Grant of 1864
1864 Joseph and Eliza Frost grant 40 acres|
1896 40 acres mortgaged to Mungo Brown
1899 14 Nov 40 acres mortgaged to Sidman Baber
Babers Road is named on a 1918 map. The road itself was in existence much earlier, with Cooranbong's first hotel, the 'Cricketers Home Inn', situated on this road in 1865. At one time, it was the main north-south road.
Joseph and Eliza Frost's graves and headstone are here at the intersection with Frost Road. Part of Babers Road was renamed Mannings Road by LMCC, Folio 60 notified in The Post 16 January 2008.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License