An early road passing through Cooranbong, it was called Maitland Road and was included in the 1897 subdivision. This is the old coach road used by Cobb and Co.
The Council changed its name to Freemans Drive, notified in the LMH 23 October 1975. Freemans Waterhole was named after early settlers James and Mary Ann Freeman.
The Rural Fire Service and SES are on Freemans Drive.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License