An unnamed road, it was gazetted Mannings Road on 21 June 1985. Mr Manning was an early settler and property owner who operated a dairy farm in the 1830s at 'Kuringbung'. This could be John E. Manning who was granted 1280 acres in 1837 at Dora Creek. Part of Babers Road was renamed Mannings Road by LMCC Folio 60 notified in The Post 16 January 2008.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License