Surveyed in 1901, the landowner was the Newcastle Wallsend Coal Company. It is unknown whether there is a connection with Princess Mary, a 1901 visitor to Australia. The Argenton Soccer Club and BMX Bike Club are here. Jack Edwards Oval is named after John Alfred Edwards, former LMSC President, Mayor and Councillor , also a supporter of the Argenton Junior Soccer Club.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License