Part of T.G. Alcock's land grant, Elizabeth Street was surveyed in 1891 and possibly named after a relative. Elizabeth Street was included in a 1927 land sale. One part of Dudley was colloquially known as "Frog Hollow." It was here that boys played soccer and cricket on the flat between Elizabeth and Thomas Street..
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License