Thomas Street is likely named after Thomas Gervase Alcock, whose land grant portion 65, was subdivided on 7 July 1891. Thomas Street was included in a 1927 land sale.
A part of an area in Dudley was colloquially known as "Frog Hollow." It was here that boys played soccer and cricket on the flat between Elizabeth and Thomas Street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License