Fennell Street was named in the 1881 subdivision after Richard Fennell an early landowner and Toronto resident. During the 1960s there used to be a small private bird and animal sanctuary near the end of Fennell Street. Open to the public it was situated along the shore of L.T. Creek and near the track to old Harry Nord's house.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License