Lake Macquarie History

Brougham Avenue

Named after Ernest Brougham Docker, the landowner of the 'Lorne' subdivision in 1881, his mother's maiden name was Brougham. Surveyor JJ Tucker owned land from the waterfront to Boat Alley, which was later sold to the Pickles family who established the Lorne Bowling Club. The Fennell Bay Wharf was at the end of Brougham Avenue.