This Avenue is one of a number of streets surveyed in 1886. It is possibly named after a member of the Marks family.
Marlin Avenue was originally called Henry Street. It was changed in the 1970s as mail was often wrongly delivered to Henry Street Belmont.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License