Lake Macquarie History

Marshall Street

Originally an unnamed street, it was part of the 1918 subdivision, the boundary between Lake Macquarie City Council and Newcastle Council areas is along the middle of this street. It was possibly named about 1950 after James Marshall of Cardiff Heights, who was prominent in local affairs at the time. Marshall Street was tar sealed in 1960.