What is now known as Prospect Road in Garden Suburb was named Government Road in the 1918 subdivision by Assurance and Thrift Association Ltd and Lang Wood and Co (see map). It is unknown when the name change occured, but is thought to be in the 1950s. The infants and primary schools are in this street. Allomes Bus Service depot was in Prospect Road.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License