Wyong Street was named in the Village of Awaba declared on 20 January 1894. Wyong is an Aboriginal word meaning 'edible yam' (Source: Bennett, FC (Ed), 1968. The Story of the Aboriginal People of the Central Coast of NSW). There is a Wyong State Forest.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License