Named after Charles George Schroder, President of Hunter District Water Board. He was responsible for construction of Grahamstown Dam and Tomago sandbeds water supply systems for Newcastle.
Schroder Avenue was part of the Gateshead army camp, and after the war dwellings used by servicemen were turned over to the Housing Commission in 1944. The Housing Commission acceded to the request that two streets in the project at the army camp be named Schroder Avenue and The Crescent (Source: NMH 11 November 1947).
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License