Lake Macquarie History

The Crescent

The Crescent was part of the Gateshead army camp, after the war dwellings used by servicemen were turned over to the Housing Commission in 1944. The Housing Commission acceded to the request that two streets in the project at the army camp be named Schroder Avenue and The Crescent (Source: NMH 11 November 1947). A lane leads to St Mary's High School.