A rough bush track between Cardiff and Warners Bay existed from early times. A section of Macquarie Road and nearby Lachlan Road were built in 1919 and named the Macquarie Subdivision the landowner was Newcastle Wallsend Coal Company and named after Gov. Lachlan Macquarie. In 1922 Macquarie Road was extended further when Blaxland Road was built, and eventually all the way to Warners Bay.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License