Marks Point Road
Originally an unnamed road it was later called Government Road. There were subdivisions in 1902 and 1909, a land auction was held here in 1915 by Lang Wood and Co. of John and James Marks' property. Marks Point was a popular site, and land sold well.
Leading to the point its name was eventually changed to Marks Point Road. There was a property near here owned by William Arnott Winn (grandson of the owner of Arnott's biscuits and proprietor of Winn's store in Newcastle).
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License