Marmong Street Waterfront Reserve
This section of the waterfront gets its name from the long blocks of land that front on Marmong Street and run through to the waterfront. Mrs Woods' shop and the post office was where a faded sign used to say Refreshment Rooms, a reminder of busier times. The post office opened in 1933 and closed in 1978.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License