An Aboriginal word meaning 'swamp, lake' (Source: "Australian Aboriginal Words" by Rex Ingamells) In 1940 A Bessenden was granted a lease for a boatshed and slip for boat repairs. This was transferred to G and A Blumer and later to Harry Bond. Bond also operated a commercial orchid growing venture.
In 1968 this was taken over by Craig's and in 1982 Marmong Point Marina Pty Ltd became the owners . They upgraded the facilities at the Marina. A boat-launching ramp is here also.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License