Lake Macquarie History

Cardiff Heights

In early times Cardiff Heights used to be called 'High Terrace' (from 'The Lakes Westerner' 1980). Another name for Cardiff Heights, that fell by the wayside, was Illawong (NMH 14 May 1991). Reticulated water was connected in 1927 and sewerage in 1945. (Source: "Pipelines and People" by J Armstrong).

Cardiff Heights, in the Parish of Kahibah, is a neighbourhood about 1 km east of Cardiff and about 3 km south of Wallsend where the boundaries were defined on 31 May 1991. The placename was assigned the designation of suburb on 10 August 2001 (Source: NSW Geographical Names Board).

Streets in Cardiff Heights