Named from Dora Creek, Dora Street was surveyed and named when the Morisset Township was proclaimed in 1887. One map shows it also named 'Main Road'. A section of Dora Street is a part of MR 217. The railway station and much of the business and professional centre of Morisset is in Dora Street. There used to be a Dairy Farmers milk depot in this street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License