The Weir Road takes its name from the weir or causeway over Cockle Creek. The weir was built in 1927. Weir Road originally comprised of James Street and an unnamed street and Link Street from Teralba. It was locally known as Weir Road and gazetted as such on 23 April 1999.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License