Lindon Lane was named, from a list supplied by the RSL, after Lake Macquarie WW2 veteran Edgar Israel (Ted) Lyndon of Morisset. The variation in the spelling of the name Lyndon, has been noted. Edgar Lyndon purchased his property backing onto the lane in 1933 for eight pounds. Lindon Lane was gazetted on 31 December 1998.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License