Lake Macquarie History

Cardiff South

In 1875, the first subdivision to be held in Cardiff was DP 196 known as Coalbrook. This was part of Shadrach Morgan's 60 acre grant. Subsequent land sales were held in 1894 and 1920. Cardiff South was once known as Evelien (Source: Lake Macquarie Past and Present). On some early sales posters land owners names are not given, possibly parts of some land grants were combined for sales purposes.

First names were popular in Cardiff South for street names. Different spellings of landowner Quintrell or Quintral were used.

Streets in Cardiff South