This road had been part of the Thriftdale Estate and was built by unemployed workers in 1932. Auklet Road was originally called Government Road. The auklet is a member of the auk family, a northern hemisphere bird. Auklet Road was named in 1983.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License