Shellsea was a name given for Nords Wharf on Captain Deed's map of Lake Macquarie in 1908. Shellsea was the name given to their estate by the landowners, the Henderson's. Shellsea Avenue was originally known as Progress Road. It was gazetted Shellsea Avenue on 25 November 1977.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License