Originally named Rathmines Road it was renamed Dorrington Road on 11 September 1940. In 1964 Dorrington Road was extended. Believed to be named after Francis John Dorrington, Wangi pioneer, a member of the Wangi Progress Association and Lake Macquarie Shire Councillor. Improvements to roads connecting Wangi, Rathmines etc were largely attributed to him.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License