This was originally part of Fishing Point Road and was renamed in 1965. Believed to be named after Sqn Ldr Gordon Stilling, DFC, of no. 20 Squadron. He was killed in 1943 when leading the first Catalina torpedo attack against enemy shipping. Potter's General Store and Post Office were in Stilling Street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License