Lake Macquarie History

Berkeley Street

Berkeley Street was built in 1909 and may have been given its name from Hudson Berkeley of Creer and Berkeley who handled all the early land sales in Speers Point.Government Gazette of 30th March 1932, Folio 93 "Road between Alley Street and Thompson Road now known as Rushton Street to be known as Berkley Street."