Situated at the northern end of an early subdivision, it may have been named simply from this. Old Teralba residents during the 1940's used to say this. Part of North Street was included in Quigley Estate subdivision No. 7 in 1919. During the 1930's Mr A Rodgers had a blacksmiths shop at the end of North Street, near the intersection with York Street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License