Named after the old Cockle Creek Power Station. It is an extension of Railway Street. When it enters Borehole Colliery property its name changes to Hedley Street. The Cockle Creek Power Station was built in 1927 by the Caledonian Collieries Ltd, supplying power to 27 collieries as well as a number of towns including Toronto, Carey Bay and Killingworth. It was demolished in 1976.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License