Lake Macquarie History

Read Place

Named after Percy and Florence Read who owned the Teralba dairy farm during the 1930's and 40's. After the dairy farm closed, Percy continued as a milk vendor in the district for many years (Percy and Florence Read were the author's parents). Read Close was developed by Asquith and DeWitt in 2004. The former guesthouse Lavender Homestead is in this street.