Rodgers Street was named after early settlers William and Fanny Rodgers. Mr Rodgers, a baker, and his family came to Teralba in 1884. Mrs Rodgers ran a boarding house for railway workers on the corner of Rodgers Street. Young Enoch Rodgers used to ride a horse with baskets of bread and deliver it in the Toronto area. Family members have lived in Teralba ever since. Enoch ('Nock') Rodgers owned the Teralba dairy farm, later selling it to Percy Read in 1931. Nock Rodgers was better know for being Teralba's Scout Master for a great many years. The manager of Stockton Borehole Colliery had his residence in Rodgers Street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License