The council had signposted this name over Link Street. Locally known as Weir Road, it was gazetted as such on 23 April 1999. This would be of more help to motorists going to Barnsley over the weir. The weir was built in 1927.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License