Named after Queen Victoria. Pupils were told this at Teralba School many years ago. Broadbent's tennis courts were a feature in the 1930's and 1940's. During the 1930's a straight course for greyhound racing operated on pit property at the rear of houses in Victoria Street. During the 1920s John and Margaret Bergin owned a dairy farm in Victoria Street. Nurse Hodgson a maternity nurse, also lived in this street during this period.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License