Originally, this was part of the Terzeny Park farm and was named William Street in the Sunderland subdivision in 1883. Renamed because there was another William Street in Toronto, it was gazetted Elford Street on the 28 September 1956 from a LMSC street name list. Elford is a town in the UK. There is an industrial area in this street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License