Harris Street was named in 1921 after the Harris family; Doctor John Harris owned land in the area. His daughter May was the first Novocastrian woman to become a Doctor and practice medicine (Source: "NMH" 23 September 1895). Their home was in Harris Street. The Fig Tree Point Aged Care Facility is in Harris Street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License