Maude Street was part of Thomas Williamson's estate and was named after his daughter. One of the Williamsons' named their house Maudeville.
It was also part of the Belmont Park Estate of 60 blocks. The estate was auctioned on the 26th January 1926.The auctioneer was Harold Jeffries Ward who bought some of the blocks that were passed in. Ward family sources state that the first house built was Mr Pittman's, where Harold's family stayed while he built his own house at number 43. Number 41 was owned by his daughter Alice Sandeman and is still in posession of the Ward family.
It was subsequently in the 1936 Parklands Estate sale by Lang Wood Pty. Ltd.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License