Bakers oven wood used to be cut here for Arnotts Biscuit Factory in Newcastle. Irwin's dairy farm was near the site now occupied by the Warners Bay Private Hospital. Named after landowner Sir James Fairfax.
In 1919 pioneer orchardist Clarence George (Peter) Morris and wife, Minnie bought nine acres of virgin land in Fairfax Road Speers Point, (now Warners Bay). The Morris' built a house in 1927, which still stands today and is heritage listed. (Source: Earl Morris, 2008).
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License