Everyone has a story. What's yours?
Here is the chance to tell us and write your own page in Lake Macquarie history.
We would like you to write a story on an aspect of life in Lake Macquarie. It might be a story about an event or incident in your neighbourhood, childhood, school years, socialising outside of school or your working life. It may have happened many years ago or more recently.
We will share your contribution on the Lake Macquarie History website. Become part of our legacy by sharing your journey and the precious memories you want to pass on to future generations. After all, your history is our history and it deserves to be celebrated!
- Must be on an aspect of Lake Macquarie life or history
- Open to all regardless of age or place of residence
- You can make as many submissions as you like, with or without photographs.
- Maximum of 750 words
- We reserve the right to screen stories submitted and edit for suitable content before posting on the website.
- By submitting your story, you give us permission to share your work in digital format on the Lake Macquarie History website and associated websites, and in print format.
Looking for Inspiration?
Look through the stories we already have to see what others have written, or use the following ideas as starters.
- Where did you work, and what was it like?
- What was it like growing up in Lake Macquarie?
- What did you do for fun?
- Where in Lake Macquarie do you call home? What makes it special?
- Did you holiday here? Where and what was it like.
- What object, heirloom, or work of art reminds you most of Lake Macquarie?
- Are there aspects of Lake Macquarie you believe are hidden in plain sight and should be celebrated?
- Do you have photographs that show your unique view of Lake Macquarie?
- How has your Lake Macquarie community changed over the years?
- Do you have a favourite place to take visitors?
How to submit
Use the feedback link on the right hand side of this page
Email your submissions to email@example.com
Still unsure? Talk to staff at one of our branches or phone the Community History team on (02) 49210446
Streets in Dora Creek
- Awaba Road
- Baker Street
- Bruce Street
- Coorumbung Road
- Corbin Road
- Cowell Street
- Dora Street
- Doree Place
- Douglass Street
- Edith Street
- Gardiners Road
- Gradwells Road
- Greenway Street
- Hawkmount Road
- Jones Road
- Kalang Road
- Miami Way
- Minnie Street
- Narenta Street
- Newport Road
- Pamela Avenue
- Silva Street
- Simpson Road
- Stingaree Point Drive
- Sydney Road
- Telford Close
- Wamsley Road
- Wangi Road
- Watt Street
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License