On Major William Parrott's map of 1892, the track from Warner's house to Cardiff is shown following the same course as present day King Street and Macquarie Road (Source: "Warners Bay the Early Years" by Peter Murray).
In the early 1920s a skip line from Lymington Colliery crossed Macquarie Road with horse drawn skips taking the coal to the railway in Cardiff South (Source: "Coal Railways and Mines: The Collieries of the Newcastle District" by RB Andrews). Along Macquarie Road, on former mining company land, there is a large industrial area. This is serviced by Enterprise Drive, a private road. Macquarie Road is part of MR 527.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License