Part built in 1908 from William Brooks land grant of 1280 acres. Biddabah Primary School is in this street. It is part of Main Road 674. A viewing platform is provided at Lakelands artificial lake. Medcalf Street may have been named after Mr Medcalf of the Speers Point Land Company, c.1911.
An article in the Newcastle Herald of 3rd April that year,reported: "The Engineer reported having, along with the Shire Clerk, met with Mr Medcalf of Speers Point Land Company and Mr Hall, on the site of the proposed new subdivision at Speers Point, with a view of choosing a site for council chambers, and managed to secure six lots near Lake View Street, and Government Road and First Street: total area of 1 acre, 3 roods."
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License