Developed in 1938 by landowner Francis Feighan, originally called Park Street. The Boolaroo Urban Area Committee in 1954 decided to rename it Seaman Avenue due to confusion over the fact that there was an existing Park Street in Speers Point.
Seaman Avenue was named after Alfred Seaman who had been President of the Committee for 6 years and a member for 15 years. There used to be a private museum owned by Harry Morton, described as a "wonderland in a backyard shed". Newcastle Sun 1/10/65.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License