Warners Bay Road
Originally, part of this road were Mary Street and William Street, named after members of Jonathon Warner's family. These streets were renamed Warners Bay Road. On Major William Parrott's map of 1892, the track from Warner's house to Charlestown is probably the same track cut out in 1825 by Threlkeld and his helpers. (Source: "Warners Bay the Early Years" by Peter Murray).
The following quote featured in the Newcastle Herald on 4/6/1903: "The main thoroughfare from Warners Bay is in good order, it is intended to carry this through to Charlestown." This is part of Main Road 325. The Lymington Village, a private over 55s' resort living development opened in 2005 in Warners Bay Road.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License