Mount Sugarloaf Road
Leads to the peak of Mount Sugarloaf (412m) and the recreation reserve. Mt Sugarloaf was named by Capt James Cook on 10 May 1770 when his ship Endeavour sailed northwards along the east coast of Australia (Source: "Holmesville: One Man's Vision" By L. Price). Mount Sugarloaf Road was named from the geological feature.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License