An early map shows Gen Street going through to the lake. The western side was later renamed Victoria Street where the site of Reverend Threlkeld's mission house had been (source: Child of Bahtahbah by N.M. Clout).
This was part of early settler Thomas Williamson's land grant. Victoria Street was in the 1918 land sales.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License