James Street was part of the first subdivision in Windale in 1892; the landowners were David Hamlin, and Johannes Jacob Bertram. This subdivision was named Surprise Township. In 1949, The Housing Commission commenced building in James Street. The Windale Primary School is in this street. The Terranora Aged Units, were opened in 1975. Terranora is an Aboriginal word meaning "small creek" (Source: The Australian Museum by FD McCarthy 1954).
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License