Lake Street was part of the first subdivision in Windale in 1892, the landowners were David Hamlin, and Johannes Jacob Bertram. The subdivision was named Surprise Township. Part of what used to be the old coach road. St Pius X Primary School is in this street. An intersection was built with the 2003 West Charlestown Bypass Road. The first houses that were built for the Housing Commission in Windale were in Lake Street in 1949.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License