Walter Street was part of early Belmont settler Thomas Williamson's land grant and named after his son. It was in the 1918 land sales, however, it remained unformed until 1932 when the Belmont Urban Committee requested of the Council the formation of Walter Street. A large part of the Williamson Estate was being offered for sale. (Source: NMH 26 September 1975).
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License