In 1914 when Gosford Road was named, it was part of the boundary between Lake Macquarie and Erina Shire Council areas. Gosford Road was named after the largest town in Erina Shire Council area. The Erina Shire Council was formed in January 1907 and commencing below Catherine Hill Bay it covered a huge area. In 1947, Erina Shire ceased to exist when Wyong and Gosford Councils were created. Part of Gosford Road was renamed Bushells Ridge Road by LMCC, notified in "The Post" newspaper, 16 January 2008.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License